- Roslyn Dundas just donated $26
- Victoria Clare just donated $52
- Anonymous just donated $52
Yeddung Mura provides a community-based leadership role in reducing recidivism by assisting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander detainees exiting correctional centres to reintegrate back into the community. Our guiding principle is ‘Everyone deserves another chance'. Ultimately, our aim is to bring about positive change in the lives of our clients by instilling a greater sense of purpose and value in them. Let us build together positive relationship, stronger families and safer communities.
The average daily number of Aboriginal people in the Alexander Maconochie Centre in 2009 was 29 in 2009-10; the number had risen to a daily average of 110 by 2018-19. The rate of increase in Aboriginal incarceration in the ACT, which is five times higher than in the rest of Australia.
Your generosity would support us to achieve:
- Holistic approach to an individual's needs through a bio-psycho-socio-spiritual model.
- develop within the participant an ability to achieve independence, empowerment, respect and inclusion in a healthy environment so that the client could be self-reliant to manage himself.
- increase social participant by increasing employment opportunities;
- and reduce the risk of recidivism through meaningful integration in the community.
- Increase mental health with connection to culture and community.
On March 9, join us in raising our hands for Canberra!
Be part of the 2nd annual Hands Up for Canberra Giving Day and help us turn this into an annual giving tradition for every Canberran!
March 9th, the day after Canberra Day, will be a historic day for everyone in our community to GIVE BIG - join in on the fun(draising) and support us through the Hands up for Canberra Giving Day! Plus, every $1 you donate will become $2 with our generous matched funding matching dollar-for-dollar until we reach $10,000.
We'll have just 48 hours to raise $10,000! Come on Canberra, together we can do this!
The Hands Up for Canberra Giving Day is proudly supported by:
A big thank you to our Supporters
The real heroes who are kindly helping us achieve our goal