- Social Media Countdown Champ PRIZE just donated $1,000
- Board on Board PRIZE just donated $500
- Diane Kumarich just donated $26
- Hermin Goonetilleke just donated $52
- Anonymous just donated $26
- Anonymous just donated $1,500
- Fiacre just donated $52
- Erin just donated $104
- Anonymous just donated $20
- Clayton Utz Foundation just donated $2,015
- MJ Harker just donated $15.60
- Amanda Ryan just donated $50
- David Howard just donated $26
- Michelle Barclay just donated $52
- Keydan Bruce just donated $50
- Anonymous just donated $312
- Helen Dalley-Fisher just donated $104
- Anonymous just donated $104
- Anya Aidman just donated $50
- Laura Hilly just donated $100
Canberra Community Law
Canberra Community Law is an independent community organisation. We have been part of the Canberra community for almost 35 years. We work at the grassroots level to ensure that people in the ACT who face financial and other barriers can get specialist legal assistance on a wide range of legal issues including tenancy, Centrelink, race or disability discrimination, debts, and proof of ID issues. We also provide specialist support to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and people facing homelessness. Our legal team collaborates with a dedicated social worker to offer intensive support to clients including women experiencing family and domestic violence and people with disability.
We also operate an evening legal assistance service in most areas of law and in 2020 we launched a COVID-19 legal clinic and the Canberra COVID-19 Legal Help website in response to the increased demand for COVID-19 related legal assistance.
Our targeted support helps people to obtain housing, claim Centrelink payments, get their debts waived, resolve their employment issues and much more. Your donations to this appeal will make a huge difference to our ability to continue to assist people doing it tough with a limited income and multiple barriers to accessing justice.
On March 9, join us in raising our hands for Canberra!
Be part of the 2nd annual Hands Up for Canberra Giving Day and help us turn this into an annual giving tradition for every Canberran!
March 9th, the day after Canberra Day, will be a historic day for everyone in our community to GIVE BIG - join in on the fun(draising) and support us through the Hands up for Canberra Giving Day! Plus, every $1 you donate will become $2 with our generous matched funding matching dollar-for-dollar until we reach $10,000.
We'll have just 48 hours to raise $10,000! Come on Canberra, together we can do this!
The Hands Up for Canberra Giving Day is proudly supported by:
A big thank you to our Supporters
The real heroes who are kindly helping us achieve our goal
Social Media Countdown Champ Prize
Board On Board Prize
Clayton Utz Foundation