- Anonymous just donated $35
- Maureen Wallace just donated $208
- Sue and Norm just donated $515
- Canberra Day Appeal just donated $790
- Anonymous just donated $104
- Anonymous just donated $100
- brian maxwell just donated $26
- Randy Albrecht just donated $515
- Sean & Lynda Stanton just donated $765
- Anonymous just donated $29.12
- Michael just donated $250
- Ben Kooyman just donated $10
- Anonymous just donated $300
- Anonymous just donated $1,015
- Fiona Peterson just donated $500
- Anonymous just donated $52
Canberra City Care
Canberra City Care (CCC) is located in Charnwood and undertakes the social development work of Life Unlimited Church. It is a place where people are welcomed, feel connected and have a sense of belonging. Our overarching goal is to see the people we serve maintain their dignity, reduce socioeconomic disadvantage, and empowered to improve their circumstances. This is achieved through the provision of low-cost practical services such as a food pantry, op shop, garden, kitchen, and computer refurbishment workshop, as well as various social and educational activities.
CCC has around 300 visitors to the centre each week, with 1200 households registered to use the food pantry each year. Many of our members are retirees or living on a pension due to disability, unemployment, or single parent responsibilities. We receive approximately 120 referrals from other community agencies each month. Our team is made up of 4 part-time staff and approximately 70 volunteers.
On March 9, join us in raising our hands for Canberra!
Be part of the 2nd annual Hands Up for Canberra Giving Day and help us turn this into an annual giving tradition for every Canberran!
March 9th, the day after Canberra Day, will be a historic day for everyone in our community to GIVE BIG - join in on the fun(draising) and support us through the Hands up for Canberra Giving Day! Plus, every $1 you donate will become $2 with our generous matched funding matching dollar-for-dollar until we reach $10,000.
We'll have just 48 hours to raise $10,000! Come on Canberra, together we can do this!
The Hands Up for Canberra Giving Day is proudly supported by:
A big thank you to our Supporters
The real heroes who are kindly helping us achieve our goal
Sue And Norm
Canberra Day Appeal Supporter
Sean & Lynda Stanton