- Anthony C Lunken just donated $26
- Louellyn Templeman just donated $26
- Baldwin just donated $250
- Kathy Ehmann just donated $26
- Carla Gill just donated $26
- Anonymous just donated $52
- Deirdre Kiorgaard just donated $52
- MM just donated $52
- J D just donated $52
- N H just donated $52
Better Renting is a community of renters working together for stable, affordable, and healthy homes. With more Australians locked out of homeownership, more of us are renting, and renting for longer. But renters are denied the rights and protections of homeowners. This means that people who rent are more likely to get sick: insecure and expensive accommodation can lead to anxiety and depression, and inefficient rental homes lead to a range of cardiovascular and respiratory diseases. Maybe we can't all own a house — but we should all be able to rent a home that keeps us healthy.
As a non-partisan community organisation, we use three complementary approaches to achieve our mission:
1) Campaigning for fair rental laws that provide stable, affordable, and healthy homes;
2) Growing communities of renters who are empowered to defend and extend their rights; &
3) Changing the narrative, so that our culture values and promotes renting.
On March 9, join us in raising our hands for Canberra!
Be part of the 2nd annual Hands Up for Canberra Giving Day and help us turn this into an annual giving tradition for every Canberran!
March 9th, the day after Canberra Day, will be a historic day for everyone in our community to GIVE BIG - join in on the fun(draising) and support us through the Hands up for Canberra Giving Day! Plus, every $1 you donate will become $2 with our generous matched funding matching dollar-for-dollar until we reach $10,000.
We'll have just 48 hours to raise $10,000! Come on Canberra, together we can do this!
The Hands Up for Canberra Giving Day is proudly supported by:
A big thank you to our Supporters
The real heroes who are kindly helping us achieve our goal
Anthony C Lunken