We have joined the 2023 Canberra Day Appeal to raise much needed funds for our charity!
This year, the Canberra Day Appeal’s 48-hour Hands Up for Canberra Giving Day begins on Wednesday, March 8. So please, give where you live and donate here during the 48h Giving Day donation drive.
Want to give now?
You don't have to wait - donate today!
Your donation will be doubled
Every $1 you donate will become $2 with matched funding available for the first $5,000 we fundraise ($10,000 total)
Please help us reach our goal #HandsUp4CBR
Raised so far
The Rainbow Paws Program believes all creatures great and small deserve food, shelter, care and respect. We recognise the role companion animals play in the lives of their guardians- particularly those Canberran’s doing it tough. Companion animals provide emotional support, stability and unconditional love. We believe that they deserve nothing less in return.
The Rainbow Paws Program provides free or subsidised food, bedding and supplies (such as water bottles, jackets and collars), emergency boarding and medical treatment for a variety of people in the community such as;
- People experiencing short term or long term homelessness
- Those leaving domestic or family violence situations
- The financially disadvantaged
- Individuals with mental illness or physical disability
- The isolated and elderly
- Those experiencing acute illness and hospitalisation
How your donation will help
The Rainbow Paws Program is fundraising for their six programs:
- Street Support (distribution of pet food to local food pantries and community organisations)
- Rolling Tuckerbox (delivery of pet food to those isolated at home and unable to attend a local food pantry)
- Snip Snip (subsidised desexing for those on low income)
- Code Rainbow (emergency vet care e costs for those on low income)
- Hotel Bookings (emergency pet boarding for those experiencing homelessness or leaving domestic or family violence situations)
- Rainbow Reading Dawgz (canine reading support to assist young people develop their reading skills and build confidence in reading)
Help our amazing supporters reach
their fundraising goals or register to fundraise for us today!
Share across socials
Share this page with your friends!